The International Telecommunications Union will host a Digital Financial Services Workshop from April 27-28 in Trinidad and Tobago. The event is described as a follow up to the Financial Technology workshop held in Trinidad in June 2016.
The event targets the following special interest groups…
- Policy makers & leaders seeking greater participation in the digital economy
- Financial and telecommunications/ICT regulators
- Academia and institutions critical to research and development of the innovation sector
- Entrepreneurs seeking to develop and use innovative financial solutions
- Mobile network operators, banks, financial service providers, mobile financial services platform providers
- International organizations, NGOs involved in financial inclusion programmes and civil society.
According to the event’s website…
The primary purpose and objective of the DFS Workshop is to continue providing Caribbean stakeholders from various sectors with interactive sessions along the theme of utilizing technology innovations towards the goal of improving financial transactions and financing arrangements.